Target Date: March 21, 2018
- deleting of trustees or directors does not work
- when editing a new entry, linking to the proposed URL, start a new page and leave the page that is being edited open
- notification of new members signing up
- Add tp 'register', 'become a new member'
- Add the search bar on the Resource page to go to Archive-IT
- Configure Google Webmaster Tools — Make sure that "Additional Pages" offers direct access to /hardware, /software, etc. when people find ithistory.org in Google searches.
- Investigate Disqus Queue — We need to find out how to access/operate the Disqus comments.
- Configure Disqus to Require Membership — Is it possible for us to set up Disqus to require that anyone posting a comment must first be an ITHS member? (Do we want to do that?)
- Quote Dates missing from Single-Item View — Items from the 'quotes' db don't seem to have their dates displayed on the single view. Oversight?
- Honor Roll unknown DOBs — Honor Roll members who have explicitly marked "unknown D.O.B." should have "unknown (b.)" displayed on top-right of the "single item view".
- Back End: Hide Certain Items from Regular Users — At present “regular” (non-Admin) users see more controls than they're allowed to use. Specifically, they shouldn’t see the the control for “Set Moderation State”, since they don’t have permission to do that and it’s confusing. Also if possible, they shouldn’t see the “moderate” tab, for the same reason. This needs careful consideration and testing, to make sure we don't conceal vital functions, but that we also don't show more than necessary.
- General Search to be filtered by data type — On desktop and mobile (all versions), we’d like to be able to filter the search results according to which of the 6 tables we want (can be implemented via dropdown menu for Hardware/Software/Companies/etc.)
- Companies should have 'deep links' to their 'browse product' pages — When viewing a Company, there should be a button for "view all [hardware/software] by this manufacturer" which links directly to the faceted browser at /hardware or /software.
- 'Member List' restorations — The old site had a List of Corporate Members and a List of Institutional Members. Need to bring that back (pending Board decisions about how to treat the concept of 'membership' going forward.
- LARGER ITEM: 'Museums' database — This used to be a static list on the old site. We should copy it over (and ideally turn it into a new db).
- LARGER ITEM: 'Events' database — This was on our old site; let's bring it back. Events Db is there, need to be able to edit it and add entries. Do not display events prior to today's date. Never delete an event.
- LARGER ITEM: Hardware/Software 'Submit forms' should trigger new Companies — If someone types a name that's not in our list, let's display "hint text" below the entry field, advising that a new Company Record will be created with that name. We should also think through the UX flow for how to direct the submitter to edit that company page right after their record submission.
- New Logo for ITHS — Several volunteer students designed great options for us, which will be easier to see at small sizes (icons), and which have fewer colors to enable better reproduction on clothing or printed materials. Let's make the switch and start using one of them.
- Better /blog sidebar — /blog sidebar links to databases don't seem to work on mobile — and really they should be buttons using the same font-awesome icons from our "search results" page.
- Facebook "Like Box" above the fold — It would be nice to see in the header "12302 people on facebook, including 32 of your friends, like IT History Society" or equivalent
- Editors who are logged in need easier way to find moderation queue — Right now they have to use the Drupal-standard "black bar across the top", which is cluttered with too many other options. Let's make a more direct/inviting path!
- More Inviting Page for New Members to Join — If a user clicks the blue CTA for "Edit this Page" or "Contribute to Database", the screen that declares the need for an account isn't very inviting. Let's really showcase, graphically, what's in our db and what it means to be a member!
- Deceased Trustees — On /board, mark somehow the Trustees who are deceased. Maybe in the "bio" field we can indicate "Deceased 2015, served 1992-2015"?
- Let's have a “6 Databases” Screen — It would be helpful to have a "Choose a Database to Explore" screen with 2 columns and 3 rows, displaying a button for each — along with its FontAwesome icon and maybe a background image to further communicate its subject matter.
- DB of Curricula — To support our claim that we're an educational resource, we should have a listing of online courses and texts and educational materials. Must first figure out what this would be like, what fields would be included, etc.